Heidi's Pensieve

Welcome to my pensieve, certainly not as world-saving as Dumbledore's, definitely not as tortured as Snape's. Just some thoughts swirling around me head that I like to withdraw and leave here to moil around.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Revisiting my old blogs

Spent today tinkering with this site - still a work in progress. I figure it'll be so for awhile until I'm satisfied with its look and feel.


One of the things I did was to link up some of my favorite/better old blogs. To do that, I had to read through what I wrote. Some of them were written as long ago as April of 2006. I come away feeling vindicated as in: I may have grown in some ways, learned many new things but I'm still me. My basic values and beliefs are still the same - I haven't let any of the good or bad circumstances (and there are quite a fair share of both in the interim years) affect the basic me in any which way. 


The "I Choose" page was written in April 2006 and today in 2011, I affirm that 

  • I still choose to be joyous no matter my circumstances
  • I still choose to bounce back
  • I still choose to triumph over every setback and failure
  • I still choose to excel in all I do
  • I still choose to pursue my passion. 
  • I still choose to stand for my beliefs
  • I still choose to develop people to be whatever they want to be.
  • I still choose to encourage people to reach out for their 'star'.
  • I still choose to uphold the rights of humanity.
  • I still choose to think well of all, take their words to mean what they want
  • I still choose to be interested in anything and everything.
  • I still choose to pick up new skills. 
  • I still choose to learn something new everyday of my life.
And above all
  • I choose to care.
  • I choose to be kind.
  • I choose to serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment