Heidi's Pensieve

Welcome to my pensieve, certainly not as world-saving as Dumbledore's, definitely not as tortured as Snape's. Just some thoughts swirling around me head that I like to withdraw and leave here to moil around.

Friday, September 16, 2011

My Angry Birds T-shirt


I love my Angry Birds T-shirt. It causes 2 types of reaction.
Young children below the age of 7 would point unself-consciously at me and exclaim: "Angry Bird!" in wonder and delight. As I grin at the children, their parents would apologetically push down the pointing hand, admonishing that's it's rude to point blah blah blah.
On the other end of the spectrum, adults and teens look at me in my Angry Birds T-shirt, and it tickles me greatly to read the emotions on their faces:

Teens - "Cool" (that a middle-aged woman would wear what their younger siblings wore)
People in their 20's - "Pathetic"
People in their 30's - "Tasteless, no dress sense"
People in their 40's - "Childish"
Older people - Clueless (at the moment)




Much like my Crocs. I have 2 pairs of the same design but in contrasting colours and I wear different colours on different feet.
Crocs "Mary Jane" - in grape and brown 

The teenagers that I work with in the Key Leader events and Youth Camps either look at me surreptitiously and then come in the next time emulating me with 2 different shoes on or they look at me in awe and then write and send me notes telling me that I "rock".

The other day I had a lady in her 50's who stopped me and told me in a just-being-neighbourly-trying-to-be-helpful way, "Did you know you're wearing 2 different shoes?"

Crocs "Alice" - in blue and red
My dear husband, who is my fashion consultant, fashion adviser and personal shopper did not even spare a glance at my footwear. Incidentally, he is the one who advised me to wear my shoes that way and he is also the one who insisted on buying the Angry Birds t-shirt, both times telling me, "Trust me, it's cool."

What Larry did that day was to look at my hair instead of my feet. He hissed at me: "Your white hair is showing. You need to go to Albert Nico and dye it. She thinks you're going senile and wore mismatched shoes."

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you would love Camper shoes, made in Spain. They are designed to be assymmetrical - each side has different decor or design details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. In a hair 'emergency' (i.e. no time to get a dye job yet), use dark brown mascara on the roots of grey hair showing. Works a treat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Will go get some Camper shoes and also dark brown mascara :) Great tips from retired fashion magazine editor....Remember the days we use to go overboard with blue or purple mascara? I blush to say I'm still so "kuno" as to buy and use colorful mascara! So now, must buy brown mascara for me grey hair roots.

    ReplyDelete